Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Angler View Post
Bernie - No worries. Wyatt can fix that rod, and it'll be BETTER than new. He's a true craftsman, and learned from a master bamboo rod builder. The guy he learned from was the late George Maurer (recognize the last name?). George lived up in Cammal, and you drove through there at the Fish-In.

If you value your bank account, do NOT look at any of his new rods! His work is incredible, and last I heard, there is a one year waiting list to have a rod built by him. Poke around his website - you'll figure out pretty quick that you'll be in good hands.

http://bamboorods.net/
Heritage,

Thanks for the site for viewing. Looks like Wyatt and co. can put out some nice rods and I'm sure they'd be a treat to deal with.

I recently sold a Geo. M. Spring Creek 7 1/2 4wt to a fellow in Calif. It was an "extra" rod..if there is such a thing *g*.

I spoke with George because he replaced a loosened guide on that rod (for free) and we had quite a chat on the phone. What a character...what a card! This was 9 mos before he left us so unexpectedly.

I love a good hand-crafted cane stick. Love 'em.

Jeremy.