What happened? Well.....I know there is a lot of power in the prayers of the familiy on this website.

Anyway.....I kind of have a different approach. I think when many people are facing their mortality they hang on because YOU want them to. They know their wife, children, relatives, friends do not want to see them cross over. So they hang on through very tough times. I think the best thing is to tell them it's ok. You have been a wonderful good person and it is ok to let go. It is the sufferer that is suffering....not us. Let them go in peace knowing they have not let their people down. I told this to my wife the night before she passed. I stayed by her bedside as long as thisl old body would let me. But I told her all the wonderful things she had been and the it was OK. She had done her part better than any woman on earth. It was OK for her to let go. I hope it brought a sense of reliefe, relaxation, and peace withing her. I do not know because she could not talk to me. Her eyes were closed with not sounds from her voice.

I hope I did the right thing. With tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this....I hope I did the right thing. The next day I was away and my son went in and made peace with her and then my daughter. My ex friend told me it was meant to be that I was away that morning. So that the two children and sis Chris could make their final peace with her.

Geeeeze.....sorry to ramble friends. Just that I have a different take on the letting go of the person....that really wants to go...but hangs on for others. I say let them go if they want to and wish them well. The last thing I said to my wife of 38 years was how wonderful she had been, thanked her, and said I now turn you over to the hands of god.

Just fyi from my point of view. Not trying to hijack. It's a point of view on the subject of seeing loved ones near the end.