+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1st "Factory" report of 2009

Default 1st "Factory" report of 2009

As my friends know, I leave the ponds alone while bass are bedding, so this is my 1st report of the little piece of Heaven we call "The Factory". It regularly yields gills exceeding 9" (9" earns a "Fish Ohio" award, although I have never registered for one). The gills pictured in this set of pics & the pics to follow were 9"-9 1/2" fish, less 2 that were in the 8"-8 1/2" class. Got probably 20 or so bass between us, mostly 12" to 14". Caught gills on woolly worms, muddlers, stealth bombers, & small foam beetles.

More to follow...
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

More "Factory" pics...

Yeah, the last 2 pics are with me, a fat 9 incher & my new Tilley Hat. JC & LF were always on me to get one & it IS a great hat...you don't even know it's on your head.
    Hopefully, I'll have more pics next week.
    BTW, that 2nd bass was taken on my "Joe Valencic built" 2wt & a size 14 foam beetle.
    Mike

Talking

Mike that is a great report to be reading with my coffee this am, Very nice pics!!!
    Any time you can go fishing in a white shirt, have a good day catching record book fish, AND, the shirt not get no dirt on it at all, ya gotta have had a good day...
    Nice hat too, you look like you belong on the cover of outdoor magazine or somethi'n like that...

God Bless my friend, glad you guys had a good day,
    Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Wow, Gills look great as do the Bass...I am betting there are some real nbice size Bass in there, they would have to get big to eat those Gills.

Wink

Mike -

It's my guess that you put that white shirt on after you finished fishing, just for the photo op !!

After all, with all those nice fish to show off, it was time to dress up.

John

P.S. Agree on the Tilley. Mine is the original style in white with deep green under the brim. Great for keeping the sun and the rain off.
    The fish are always right.

Great post guys. That looks like a lot of fun. Keep it up and keep the nice reports coming.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Mike,

Great to see all is well and that the "Factory" is one place that obviously has not been hurt by the economic downturn. All kidding aside, the hat looks great too. Caileigh and I didn't have any luck at the Clearfork a couple of weeks back, but thanks again for the tips, the campout was nice.

Take care buddy,

Mike

Thanks for the comments guys. It IS a little hard to believe that I kept the shirt clean all day, but I sure did! Actually, I had my vest on all day...just decided to make a last cast or two with the 3wt & woolly worm before packin' up.
    I really am glad I got the Tilley...I have wanted one for a long time & a recently acquired gift certificate made it very affordable.
    Briney dave & I are hitting the water this Sunday, so if things go well, we hope to have pics of some larger gills & bass in the next report.
    Stay tuned!
    Mike

Thumbs up

Hey Mike, I'm up early this am and headed for work, I'll be looking forward to your report tonight...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread