+ Reply to Thread

Thread: on the fly in alberta

Hybrid View

Default on the fly in alberta

some fish caught so far this year. I caught a huge brown today Ill post some pics later
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FLUXCORE; 06-02-2009 at 02:02 AM.

A few more

Default camping may long

Here are a few pics frome camping this may long, the fishing was slow but the beer was cold and the scenery was incredible

Fluxcore, Nice report and nice pics. Thanks, Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FLUXCORE View Post
    some fish caught so far this year. I caught a huge brown today Ill post some pics later
    Quote Originally Posted by FLUXCORE View Post
    A few more
    Hi Fluxcore

I am from Alberta also..

I have to say that the pictures of the Bull with your fingers in the gills and on the stones , just about kills me...

I applaud, you for getting out in our great province, and I know you are going to be P!&&#d at me for this.. and that is OK I can take it.. and hope that you take this as it is intended, a stewardship of the resource that we both enjoy..

Try the FFC board (Fly Fish Calgary) BB and they have a great thread on fish handling..as does this one I believe..

We Canadians have a good name here on FAOL, lets keep it that way..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishfairwx View Post
    Hi Fluxcore

I am from Alberta also..

I have to say that the pictures of the Bull with your fingers in the gills and on the stones , just about kills me...

I applaud, you for getting out in our great province, and I know you are going to be P!&&#d at me for this.. and that is OK I can take it.. and hope that you take this as it is intended, a stewardship of the resource that we both enjoy..

Try the FFC board (Fly Fish Calgary) BB and they have a great thread on fish handling..as does this one I believe..

We Canadians have a good name here on FAOL, lets keep it that way..
    sorry forgot my net that day, they were only out of the water for a quick photo and quickly released. As for some good news though the bull where my finger slides towards the gills is fine caught him again after that in the same small pool on the same fly. bulls are funny thay usually keep to a small pool and continually clean it out of other smaller fish that pass through.
    Last edited by FLUXCORE; 06-02-2009 at 02:05 AM.

Default small creek fish are fun

On the way back from taking my Dad out for the day we passed a small stream and my father asked if I had ever fished it, I said no with that and having an extra hour to kill I proceded to pull over and head back. The water was a foot and 1/2 at its deepest pools, I was thinking it was a waste of time but being with my dad I thought Id humor him. We caught 7 fish between us this brown was the biggest talk about fun. The creek was only 4 feet wide if that and it was loaded with fish Ill be stopping off there alot more on the way home.

+ Reply to Thread