I have a 10' 3wt full flex 2 piece blank. For fun I want to build it as a Trout Spey rod. What I want to do is build it with a foregrip of about 10" or 12" like a Tennessee handle. And I want to use slip rings on it. So I can use an open face spinning reel on it or a fly reel and slip it up or back for balance I like.

But THEN......I would like to attache another 10" or 12" .....what ever feels good to me.....I want to remove a small 1" screw in butt end and screw in the other bottom 10-12" grip. Now have approx 18-22" all one piece grip. Now I can spey cast with it. I do not want to put in a normal spey reel seat with a pass through. I would like to go with the same slip rings all the way. Just an all cork grip. But one I can take apart in the middle.

Concerned if I put 24" of cork on the 10' rod I really don't have a ten foot rod left. And perhaps not long enough to spey cast. Sooooooo.....would like to put the first grip on clear to the base of the original blank...sigh a screw in thing to screw in a butt tip. Then make another grip with a threaded rod all the way thru of which I can screw this same butt tip into the bottom end of the bottom grip. And be able to screw the threaded rod grip into the existing rod with the foregrip on it.

Hope question makes sense. Don't know how to find, cinfigure, and install the connection I want to make.

Any help would be appreciated.