Thread: 2009 FAOL PA Fish-In Wrap Up

Threaded View

Thumbs up 2009 FAOL PA Fish-In Wrap Up

Another successful Pennsylvania Fish-In is now in the books. Despite some "challenging" weather conditions, we were able to find (and catch) fish. It rained every day except Saturday, and the streams were affected accordingly. Even the Little Pine had some flows that were really rippin' at times. Fortunately, what goes up, must come down, and the crew at the Fish-In didn't give up. Persistence pays off.

As usual, it was great to see the crew at the Fish-In again. We had a few newcomers show up, and true to form, they were all really nice folks. It was great to meet farleycat, CaseyP, KMichaels, and Croatalus after corresponding with them on the board - they're wonderful people, and fit in perfectly with the PA Fish-In "brothers" (they brought some awesome dessert treats too!). Special thanks to Croatalus (Joe) - he drove several hours to bring us a dvd of the Pine Creek episode of TU's "On The Rise", which we all gathered around the big screen tv in the lodge to watch. I had the good fortune to be able to fish with Joe as well - he's one heck of a good fisherman!

This year was the first year for a "shore lunch", and it was a resounding success. We had a pretty large group gathered at the old campground area on the Big Pine, and a good time was had by all.

A BIG THANKS to the founder of the PA Fish-In (dry fly guy), and the organizers & cooks (bigdadyrods and wetflyguy) - you guys did your usual first rate job.

For anyone that tooks pictures and would like them to be included in the 2009 PA Fish-In photo album, please email them to me at etmaurer@rcn.com and I'll add them in as I get them.

H.A.

2009 FAOL PA Fish-In photo album slide show:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...view=slideshow
    Last edited by Heritage Angler; 05-31-2009 at 04:10 AM.