+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2009 FAOL PA Fish-In Wrap Up

Default Fish-In

Marty - sent a PM.
    Eternal decisions can only be made on this side of eternity.

Blog Entries

Marty,

Quantity wise I think Phil, and I and Joe more than held our own. Quality wise, a certain someone who openly admitted to several pre-fishes to the area, seemed to have the market cornered on the big ones. In fact he caught the very first fish of the fish in (I think the picture is in the photo slide show). Another attendee,(who builds rods) told me privately that there was a heavy line anchored in the brush at the edge of the pool, that was observed moving around just before the fish appeared......er....was caught. I can't imagine anyone would do that!

Marty, If you are talking the weekend of 6/13, give Phil a call as we are planning to fish and maybe slide in to northern Pa. Streams have good water now and plenty of bugs!!

One thing that amazes me is that it rained all week and we still had a good time.

I was back to my PFW (Pre Fish-In Weight) by Tuesday. All it took was three straight days of hard cycling. Heritage, my legs are ready for any trip you want to take.

I also came home to major hatches of caddis and sulphers. Really ticked the hardware and bait guys off when I stepped in next to them and caught one after the other. Had a young boy come over to me and ask how many I'd caught. I said "a few". Then he says, "and there's nothing on your line?". Nope, I just lasso those fish and pull them in! Heck, anyone can do it with a hook. I did tell him there was fly on the end but I'm sure that just confused him more.

Next year's Fish-In will be later and I think that's fine. Just adds to the variety of bugs.

I'm glad to hear Casey will be bringing cookies. They were goood! Just what we need, More Snacks!

With the extra day we should really give some thought to a float & fish trip through the gorge. Also, If anyone wants to do some mountain biking (single track stuff through the state forests) I'm game.

I can't believe I'm starting to plan for next year's trip already.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wizard View Post
    Quality wise, a certain someone who openly admitted to several pre-fishes to the area, seemed to have the market cornered on the big ones. In fact he caught the very first fish of the fish in (I think the picture is in the photo slide show). Another attendee,(who builds rods) told me privately that there was a heavy line anchored in the brush at the edge of the pool, that was observed moving around just before the fish appeared......er....was caught. I can't imagine anyone would do that!
    Ahem. That fish was caught fair and square, but I DID have to take my tin of split shot out and rattle it real good, to get bigdadyrods to move out of that hole.

Ed...great job on the pictures.....I see you like your new camera.
    The hot tub pic was hilarious!

I am a little suspicious that the large quantity of those "brookie stream in the back of the cabin" pictures could be the result of one bathroom for 20 guys

Yes,the food was plentiful and delicious...thanks to the Master Chefs:WetFlyGuy and Bigdadyrods.

It was really nice to put a person and a "real" name to handles we all chose.

All that rain and mosture got my mold allergy/asthma roaring and unfortunately I had to leave camp on Friday morning.So I missed out on Friday's Steakfest and that great looking Saturday breakfast.
    Tom
    "...when I'm not AFISHN,I'm a huntin'..."

Blog Entries

Default Slogan for 2010

"Stay High and Dry while Floating Your Fly".

I like that.....

Any more ideas????

Dave, thanks for the bump , but I think u and Phil did a lot better than I did. My only good day was fri. when I managed to get the slam... But still a great week, met alot of good guys..... for next yr I have a 18' canoe .....

+ Reply to Thread