Hi Stan,

So far (knock on wood), my ESP has been just a couple of seconds faster than yours. I've saved several rods as they were doing that jerky little dance toward disaster.

I also saw a bait fishermen save four heavy, cat-fish rods and his rod holder from Davy Jones. The rod holder had been made out of metal re-bar and held four fishing rods at different angle from the shore for almost a 180 degree spread. Since it was thundering and raining, the guy had gone to his truck about fifty away and was watching the rods from the cab. A big catfish (?) literally popped the rod holder out of the ground and dragged it into the water in less than a second or two. The fisherman sprinted into the water and grabbed the active rod just in time. To add insult to injury his line broke thirty seconds later. He did manage to retrieved his other rods from the water and the rod holder. I don't know for sure what he had on his line but it had to be huge. I also don't know what the cost of his four rods would have been if they had gone a little farther into the lake.

Sorry about your rod! 8T