+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alaska Lodge

Default Alaska Lodge

Planning a trip to Alaska on the Alexander Creek could only find one lodge, Alaskan Adventures & Outfitters [url=http://www.alexandercreeklodge.com:f8207]www.alexandercreeklodge.com[/url:f8207]
    Has anyone been there or heard anything about them, seems real nice...
    thanks

I have floated the creek/river a few time there is a lodge at the bottom and a lodge at the top and nothng in the middle easy river to float, good river to flyfish (mid june -4th of july is best for kings.

Rich

Stayed at Alaska adventures 3 years ago. Good accomadations and clean. Very good food, and more importantly excellent guides. We were a party of 8 and every one got plenty of fish. We did 6 days 5nights plan. I caught all of my kings and silvers on Teeny nymphs, chartruse, and purple. I enjoyed the rainbows the best. Their guides will rig your rods with roe looking plastic beads for the bows. I will go back there again. I reccomend bringing 2 sets of waders. You'll be living in them. Treat your guides good and they will bend over backwards for you and keep you out longer. Bring a 6wt for the bows a 7 or 8 for the silvers and a cannon for the kings. I brought along a TFO 12' 12wt spey and it was perfect for the big boys. My biggest king was freight train that weighted in at 41 lbs. Bring along floating and 25 or 30 foot sink tips ranging from 130 grms to 300 or 350 grams lines. Have fun!
    I've never met a fish I didn't like

+ Reply to Thread