What was your best fishing day, although most have many narrow it down to one.

Although last year was my first real attempt at salmon fishing, I only got out twice, once at the salmonier river and once(3 days) exploits, main run was over.
Rose 8 to 10 on the salmonier hooked 4 and basically landed 3, well 2 in hand, the third really close, 1 foot away, lost 2. A few rises at the exploits. But the salmonier river wasn't my best day, as exciting as it was.
My best day ever was near the salmonier on the salmonier line, I was fishing a small stream maybe at its widest points 12 to 14 feet across.
There was this one pool just below where the stream left the pond. It was about 30 feet long and 12 feet wide and about 2 feet deep at its deepest points. I have fished it many times with good success, 8 to 12 nice size 10 to 12 " brookies, but a day in late june or july last year was astonishing.

I would cast my bug to the top of the pool and let it drift the distance of the pool, (usually fish down stream)but on most casts it never even moved 3 or 4 feet when I would get this fantastic little swirl or savage little rise.
I hooked no less that 60 brook trout and landed at least 50, all in the 10 to 12" range in about 15 minutes, maybe longer but every cast was a hit or strike and fish on, It was by far the most exciting fishing day of my life, the sheer number just blew my mind, I actually had a small tremble from the excitement. Never have I caught that many brookies in one pool, never. Best Day ever,

[This message has been edited by Newfoundlander (edited 10 December 2005).]