I have never met JC in person but online many times. I started fly fishing ten years ago but only started to understand the essence of it after I joined Flyanglersonline. I talked to JC and other fly fishermen in chatroom very often. All these years, I have asked countless questions and always got the best answers from people like JC. Because of my line of work, I am not able to travel to one of these fish-ins to meet JC, although it has been my wish to do so sometimes. This year, I really decided to get to the Michigan Fish-in to meet JC in person. I made all the arrangements and sent messages to JC and LF. But my emails were not returned. As I am wondering what might be happening, I saw this news that JC has left us.

Here is what I want to say to JC even though I won't be able to do this in person: JC, you not only have taught me how to cast a fly line but also showed me what fly fishing is all about. As long I have a fly rod in my hand, you will always be in my mind. Thank you for all these good years of fun talking to you online. You will always be remembered. Farewell, my friend. May God be with you.

John
Indiana