+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stolen: #3 Fin-Nor anti-reverse reel

Hybrid View

Default Stolen: #3 Fin-Nor anti-reverse reel

I just wanted to post this in case anyone may have some information.

A month ago I purchased a Fin-Nor #3 anti-reverse reel from a lady in Bozeman, MT via craigslist (Western Union Money order). I have not received the reel. At first she made excuses about the shipping time, now she is not even bothering to answer/return my emails or calls.

Yes, I know it was risky and/or stupid, but I talked to her on the phone a few times and she seemed trustworthy. I was willing to take the risk.

I am just posting this b/c it is a fairly recognizable reel - especially in MT, and I believe that she probably did/will try to sell it someone else.

If anyone hears of this reel being sold by a Kimberly Smith (aka Kimberly Franks) in or around Bozeman MT, please send me a PM. I have a case opened with the Bozeman Police.

Thanks,
    Eric

Eric, sorry about what's happened to you and just wanted to bump your warning and "help wanted" post up to the top because all of us flyfishers would hate for this to happen to us.

So, guys/gals, here's a head's up from Eric about his MO being cashed by a lady who seems to have had no intentions of shipping his paid for reel to him as well as a warning not to deal with her if you should come across an ad from her.

Hope that filing your police report at least gets your money back, Eric. Good luck!

Ron

+ Reply to Thread