Quote Originally Posted by Fontinalis View Post
Regal is a very good vise. I almost bought one. The reason I did not, is because I am also now into to tying Slamon flies up to size 5/0. Now I could have bought the vise and could have bought extra jaws. I just did not like that I had to tye wet flies in size 6 & 8 and then change heads to tye salmon flies. Also when I prices the extra jaws I was quoted an extra $165 about two years ago. So I went with the Renzetti Master. Now my mentor Don Bastian ties on a Reagal and loves it. I would too if I was only tying Trout flies. So in my opinion after looking at Reagal, I would give a thumbs up on them. Now to your situation an HMH is a really great vise. Though maybe you just need to put a little reapir cost into it. Now if your also tired of your vise then I can understand that you want something new. I have found through my many years of tying that once you have a vise that you really love you never really seem to want to tye on something else. Just my two cents worth.
HMH has a terrific site, and are very customer oriented from what I can see. I do not own a HMH, but I think you are a modest referb away from getting that vise back to 100%. They are tanks and should outlast you.