+ Reply to Thread

Thread: variegated thread supplier

Default variegated thread supplier

In another "thread" here I mentioned I picked up a Crown bamboo fly rod which is in good condition except for one ferrule that came off. I've re-glued the ferrule on the rod but now have to re-wrap it and I can't reuse the thread.

The thread is variegated teal/silver (at least that's what it appears to me).

I've searched the online stores I know of (anglers workshop, golden witch, janns netcraft) but don't see anything I can use. I found the yli website and they may have a "close" match but I'd like to see if I can find one closer.

Are there other sources of variegated silk thread that I can check out, preferably ones with color pictures so I can get an idea before I order?
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

Hey, Steve! Check out the other thread ... you were moving this one as I was checking suppliers!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

It it like the Gudebrod trimar? The only problem with it is that it only comes in size C.
    If it different than that, we'll probably need a picture of some sort. It also may be worth a trip to your local fabric/craft store.
    Just be careful with 40 weight thread. I experimented with it quite a bit, but had trouble getting consistant results. It tries to get splotchy. If you have to use it, keep the tension as completely consistent as you can, and pack, pack, pack. At the ferrule, you might be better off because you don't have a guide foot to complicate the issue. It does work better if you use it without CP and try to get it to go transparent.
    Last edited by ol' blue; 05-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Blog Entries

Try this one...Nylon I beleive but might match your color....Ed

http://www.flyrodbuilder.com/threads...=Classic+Twist

You can also give this guy a call .he might have what ya need........ http://www.nealsfishingtackle.com/gp2.html

I feel your pain..I went through this same search for Orange /black classic twist awhile ago.
    One other thing you might try is a post on Rodbuilder.com........somebody always seems to come to the rescue on there and just might have some.............
    Last edited by ET custom flyrods; 05-17-2009 at 03:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread