+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bass and Gill in the desert

Default Bass and Gill in the desert

We got out yesterday on float tubes in a nice little bass pond. There were 5 of us members of the Hi-desert FF on the outing.
    John got out first and we could tell it was going to be a good day when he caught a fat bluegill on his first cast.
    I was last in and eager to do this warm water thing from a tube. The fishing was great. I was in the water 3 hours, caught and released about 3 dozen bluegill and 7 LMB from 9" to 17". Most of the fish I caught were on a Christmas tensil woolly bugger. Olive marabou, olive chenille, green and silver christmas tensil tied along the sides and extended out about an inch for flash. It was a great morning. Jim

I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

NIce job great picture looked like a great day, for all. Where was the pond at, if you don't want to share I understand.

Thumbs up

Man, that sounds fun going with a group of 5 float tubing. I need to find some folks around here and get them interested. I like the way you took pictures of the fish in the "stripping basket" with the measure in the picture. Really nice gills! Would like to see some pictures of the group in action.

Default Where?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcpr View Post
    NIce job great picture looked like a great day, for all. Where was the pond at, if you don't want to share I understand.
    We were at Jess Ranch in Apple Valley. Our club gets some priveliges at the ponds. I think you can find Jess Ranch on the www. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thanks I have been to the web site for Jess Ranch, nice to see what can come out of there. I just may need to hit this place up soon, thanks again for the info.

Thumbs up

Jim -

Nice fishies and pics. You do have quite a variety of places to fish and fish to catch down there in the desert. Who wudda thunkit ??

John
    The fish are always right.

+ Reply to Thread