We've been told over and over that there is 'no such thing as a stupid question'. Most of us who work with the public also know that this just isn't true....so, for the glory and for the fun (no money involved, sorry), how about posting your favorite 'stupid questions' you've had or heard about.

I'll start:

I'm a glass sculptor. I make small sculptures out of glass, mostly animals and such. I've done this all over the western half of the US, at fairs, art/craft shows, malls, etc.. I only do shows where I can 'demonstrate' (make my sculptures right there).

Years ago I was doing a show at a mall in Southern California. I'll never forget this...I was working on a large unicorn...back then you had to have lots of unicorns. Two middle aged ladies were seated on bench about twenty feet from me, watching me work.

They were chatting, watching me, and having a snack....after about twenty minutes of this, I saw one lady point to me and say something quietly to her companion.

This lady gets up and walks over to me. You have to picture this...I'm seated behind a burning torch with about 20 inches of flame shooting out and spreading around a piece of hot glass. The blue flame from the torch flares to a bright orange when it hits the glass.

The woman looks me in the eye and says:

"Excuse me, sir. Are you piercing ears?"

Whenever anyone tells me there is 'no such thing as a stupid question', I always remember this moment.

Anyone else have a 'stupid question' experience they'd like to share?

Buddy