+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: check in zimrx!!!

Default check in zimrx!!!

Multiple killing tornados last evening in Drew's hometown. Pretty direct hit on the north side of town. Terrible destruction. Three confirmed deaths.

WHERE'S DREW???????

I know his brother posts on here, maybe he can give us an update?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

The problem with the damage is a lot of times services(elect, internet) are interrupted for days. Plus the fact a discussion board means little/nothing to those affected compared with the damage around them. Been there/done that/got the new roof, windows, etc to prove it.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

I know .. that's why I hoped his brother would post. He doesn't live in the same area.

Yep, I'm all too familiar with tornados and the havoc they wreck. Grand Island, NE, Kansas City, KS/MO. Had some doozies that took us out of commission for many weeks. (Our house, the water source, electricity, friends trapped and one killed, etc)

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Drew's brother is "stinkbait"/aka Jeremy Zimmer and he lives in Iowa.

Cool Relax...

I just called Drew and checked with him... He and his family are fine, the tornado struck about 1-1/2 - 2 miles away from them. He was at the hospital late last night, but otherwise fine.

He'll probably be checking in here shortly.

Drew - Nice to talk to you and glad you're all OK!

Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Tim,
    Thank you so very much!! I always worry when family is in harms way.

Red face Also...

He was not a patient at the hospital, by the way.

Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Thanks Tim!
    Christopher Chin

Default All OK!!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding, but everything is ok here in Kirksville. The tornado did quite a bit of damage on the north side of town, we were about a mile and a half away from the major damage. It hit where a few of the medical students here live, and some friends of ours, everyone is ok, and we have adopted a family who lost their home (with our foster kid, that makes 9 living under our roof!!). God has blessed us with the ability to have a larger house and to help out others. There were 3 confirmed deaths, 2 in Kirksville and 1 in a smaller town near us. I was at the hospital most of the night, we were expecting a large rush of injuries and traumas, and at first we were getting reports that ambulances could not get through because of the downed power lines etc... so we were anxious about a huge rush all at once. But fortunately we did not see it. Our community has really come together, so far all those who lost a house have safe, warm places to stay. Home Depot really should be commended, they sent out flashlights, and other materials to those who needed it, so even large corporate businesses were helping out. If you would like, say a prayer to those families who have lost and those who are providing for them. My brother also is now living in Kirksville, he drives to work in Iowa, and as I was leaving the hospital I saw him driving back, he didn't go to work, so he is safe as well.
    I would like to say thanks to Tim for calling, it always amazes me at the family we have on here, and Betty you can relax now!!!!!!!

Drew
    "I don't drink anymore, I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle"

BIG heavy sigh!! OK ... breathing again!!

I've known the devastation of tornados in my past; far too many of them. <will someone please remind me why we live in Kansas??> I'm so thankful you and your family are well, and if I would have guessed, I would have guessed it would be you two who would take in a family displaced by the storms.

Thank you for letting us all know. And, please, keep us posted. Holler if there's anything we can do for you and your "spares".
    Hugs

+ Reply to Thread