I recently picked up an interesting bamboo fly rod and I'm looking for some info on it. It's a Crown bamboo rod KIT. It's a 5 piece "kit" as follows:

1 - reversible handle/reel seat which allows me to insert the butt end bamboo section in either end affording me either a fly or casting setup
1 - butt section
2 - fly tip sections
1 - casting tip section

All stored in a balsawood (I think) box.

The fly rod assembles into an 8' rod, no idea what the weight would be but I'm hoping a 4 or 5 wt.

While the box isn't in that great a condition, the fly rod is great. The only issue is the glue on the butt section female ferrule has failed and I can pull the ferrule off - no biggie as I have some rodbond. Also the wrappings on that ferrule is ruined so I have to find some thread. All ferrule connections seem tight and smooth.

2 questions. First has anyone heard of this brand before? Any comments? I definitely plan on fishing it but was curious if there's any worth to it or is it just another production rod from years ago?

Second, who has a good supply of verigated silk thread with color pictures so I can try and match the color of my thread? the color looks like white and green. I can't salvage the existing thread as most of it is gone or broken in a number of places.

Thanks for the help.