Background: I've been out of fly tying for the past 2.5 years, then earlier this year my wife decides she doesn't want to be married anymore. So now it's just me and my daughter. Since I have more free time, I decided it's time to start again. When we moved 2.5 years ago into this house, two of my three vises disappeared, along with some other stuff. I "lost" a Thompson Cobra Vise with all the trimmings, and a Regal knockoff. I now have a basic Thompson knockoff to work with. I'm getting a nice vise from another member, so I'm looking to get more materials.

I find out yesterday that one of three local fly shops shut down last year . The Angler's Lie was an independent shop with a good staff and was excellently stocked with everything I needed. I'm now stuck with two Orvis stores, one of which has reduced the size of it's fly fishing section to less than half of its original size. Don't get me wrong, I like the guys at the Orvis shop, but it's starting to turn into A&F. Feh. I don't know where else to go at this point. I really don't want to drive up past Baltimore. Oh well.

Jim