+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Work at Home!

Hybrid View

Default Work at Home!

"In a bad economy, you might be tempted to try and make extra money at home. Countless work-at-home Web sites claim you can earn thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars. But be wary. The Federal Trade Commission has gone after hundreds of work-at-home schemes in recent years. Consumer Reports looked at several current offers and can tell you what kinds to avoid.
    For instance, maybe you're handy and would like to assemble flies for fly-fishing or other products at home. Gone Fish'n Tackle Company promises to pay 50 cents per fly. But Consumer Reports says here's the catch: After you pay for the materials from Gone Fish'n, you'd have to tie more than 30 flies an hour just to make minimum wage. A longtime fisherman says that even with his experience, he couldn't tie that many good flies in an hour, and certainly not all day long."
    Source: Consumer Reports

Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 05-12-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: I'm taking a College Course (online), in Editing. LOL
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Nice post. Scammers are everywhere.

Blog Entries

Send me $20 today, and I will teach you all about scams.

I didn't need CR to tell me I can't tie flies and make a profit, but most of us had to learn that the hard way.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Work at home scams?

You mean she should've been paying me all these years?

I've been doing work around the house for a quarter century without getting paid!

Lucy, you gotta' lotta splainin' to do.

Was it not P.T. Barnum who so eloquently stated " there's one born..............................".
    The most egregious one, IMHO, running currently, is the "buy foreclosures with NO MONEY DOWN". Got to be kidding!!. By the time a "deal" gets to the chump willing to "bite" , it's not worth the paper it's written on.
    I have absolutely NO pity for anyone dumb enough to fall for this BS. If I see a property I can buy for 75% discount relative to market, I AIN'T gonna tell YOU about it. I'll jump on it MYSELF ( AND, by the way, there ain't NO such deals available unless you feel there's a market in gang infested neighborhoods) . In other words, it's ALWAYS true that :" if it sounds too good , it's probably/ most likely NOT"

Mark
    PS: Another one is " WE BUY GOLD" . Most of these advertisements should "honest up" and restate their business interest to " WE WILL STEAL YOUR VALUABLES". If you honestly need money bad enough to sell your gold jewelry, find out what it's actual value ( by weight) is BEFORE you send it to anyone and DO understand that the buyer is going to make a profit. 20% is normal, anything more, you're being swindled.

+ Reply to Thread