Was it not P.T. Barnum who so eloquently stated " there's one born..............................".
The most egregious one, IMHO, running currently, is the "buy foreclosures with NO MONEY DOWN". Got to be kidding!!. By the time a "deal" gets to the chump willing to "bite" , it's not worth the paper it's written on.
I have absolutely NO pity for anyone dumb enough to fall for this BS. If I see a property I can buy for 75% discount relative to market, I AIN'T gonna tell YOU about it. I'll jump on it MYSELF ( AND, by the way, there ain't NO such deals available unless you feel there's a market in gang infested neighborhoods) . In other words, it's ALWAYS true that :" if it sounds too good , it's probably/ most likely NOT"

Mark
PS: Another one is " WE BUY GOLD" . Most of these advertisements should "honest up" and restate their business interest to " WE WILL STEAL YOUR VALUABLES". If you honestly need money bad enough to sell your gold jewelry, find out what it's actual value ( by weight) is BEFORE you send it to anyone and DO understand that the buyer is going to make a profit. 20% is normal, anything more, you're being swindled.