Nice read, JC. Cuban cigars, single malt, waxed cotton, side by side double guns, and cane. God love them.

Here's a thought. Historically, more fish have probably gone to cane than any other rod. Not fancy six piece affairs. But a genuine piece of bamboo cane, a piece of black line, a mustad hook, a fish worm, a farm boy, and a brook trout stream. But are they still out there catching fish? Haven't seen a cane pole at Wallmart. Haven't seen black line in a while. Fewer farm boys. But there are still worms. So who of you, in their most desparate hour, hasn't slipped a wimph on? Not the Old Master for sure. Maybe me. I'll never tell. And nothing will get a wimph down under a log jam better than a fly rod? Old Master said, "Fish a worm down under that log Bobby, you might come out of there with a big brown." But he never would. I miss him.

So fish on with that cane JC. I will too. There is a long tradition in the wood. I can feel it in my heart. It is not a snob thing. You have to feel it to know.

Godspeed and good fishing,

Bob