+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smallmouth Fishing Around Minneapolis

Smile Smallmouth Fishing Around Minneapolis

I'll be in the Minneapolis, MN area in mid June for a number of days. I would like to do some smallmouth bass fishing. However, I will not be bringing any flotation (kickboat/pontoon etc.) due to flying in. I'm looking for wadeable rivers/streams, or bank fishing opportunities. I may also be interested in a guided trip, or some other arrangement.

Thanks for your help,

Michael

A good person to contact in that area would be Kip Vieth of Wildwood Float Trips. His website is http://wildwoodfloattrips.com/

There are several guides up here, a quick google check will turn up a number of names. If you want to do it yourself there are a few areas on the upper St. Croix that you can wade depending on the water levels, as well as, around St. Cloud on the Mississippi. The Snake north of the cities has wadable sections, as do a few smaller rivers south of the Twin Cities (Cannon, Zumbro and few others) that are wadable, again depending on water levels.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

Try Tim Holschlag in Minneapolis. You can check him out on his web site, Smallmouth Angler. He has two sites, one devoted soley to fly fishing and one for other types of angling. Tim is extremely knowledgeable and does guide.

A number of people have mentioned Tim Holschlag -- I did book a trip with him for one of the days I'm up there. In 2005, he wrote a very good book about fly fishing for smallmouth bass... friends and I remarked at the time, that the book offered practical advice -- the kind that we give to newcomers to the sport. I'm looking forward to having fun and hopefully I'll learn a thing or two fishing with him.

Michael

Sounds like you're in good hands. Darned good hands. Good luck, and enjoy your fishing. Darned, you're in good hands. JGW

This just not right!!! Your going to have too much fun.

Better bring back some good pictures.

Cal E. Batis

+ Reply to Thread