Doug,

The price is for three flies.

From the home page, click on the flies picture. At the top of the page is some text talking about tenkara flies, and at the bottom of the text it says "Price is for three flies."

I have to say I was a bit skeptical about the blue and yellow hackle, and the caddis/mayfly variant, but I caught fish on them. I haven't fished them enough to know if they're better than my tried and true favorites, but I did catch fish.

I read a post on another forum by a guy who bought a tenkara rod in Japan. The shop owner, who apparently is an expert tenkara fisherman, kind of scoffed at the whole idea of matching the hatch. I think tenkara fishing in Japan is primarily on high gradient mountain streams that are probably closest to our brookie streams. Brookies do not require you to match the hatch. The fish I caught on the tenkara flies were browns, ranging from 8 to 13 inches.

You can certainly use your own flies, but I can guarantee you that the fish that have seen hundreds if not thousands of parachute Adams have never seen these flies before!