Hello Everyone:

It has been a rough 5 weeks around the Hattaway house. I?ll try to keep this short but I know a lot of you would like to know what has been happening. First thanks to Stev and Mike for keeping you in the loop.

I had a horrible reaction to one of my chemo drugs. The doctor said this is the first time this kind of reaction has been documented. A bunch of my cells ruptured causing me to bleed inside. This blood came out in my urine, by the time the doctor figured out that it was not a kidney or other infection my body had taken over the fight and was destroying my red blood cells. I guess they got confused by all the drugs I was taken and the ruptured cells. Let me tell you this it is not a fun thing to fight. A lot of pain in my joints and bones, was they main problem. I was flat on my back for 5 days. Great doctors and wonderful nurses but I would rather been in the middle of a bunch of redfish.

Ok now comes round 2. I am starting to feel better but I have a pain in my right leg. Nothing major after all I had been through in the last few weeks but the wife, the kids and friends decided it might be something more serious. Maybe all the meds had me not thinking very clearly but anyway they call the doctor and he has me rushed to the hospital. BLOOD CLOT!

Now with the body trying to repair all the damage and the blood clot messing up a planned fishing trip with Eponymous I was not a happy camper. But my old friend and fellow Pirate Stev handle teaching our Eponymous the ropes, I got out of the hospital in time to meet up with the guys and take a picture or two. Then we went to lunch with my lovely wife and driver.
Eponymous is now a full fledge pirate and has fished the same waters as the famous Pirates; Flats Dude, Purebs, Slenon, Reuel, Dot Man, JME, miamivice, saltydancindave, FloridaFlyer, and probably a few I missed. He braved the sharks and the other toothy creatures with ease. If you ever get the chance to fish with this wonderful person go out of you way, you will not be disappointed.

Now comes some more of this inconvenient story. Today I went to the doctor, (I have been every day since I got out of the hospital, and the weekends I had to go to the hospital to be checked, and it seems my blood pressure is way up because of the meds I am taking. So now we have to attack that unsolved opportunity.

The good news is that I am feeling much better, and I drove the first time in weeks today. I do not have to go to the doctor tomorrow, but do on Wednesday. I GOT A DAY OFF!!!! Hurray.

I am doing great as far as I can tell. It was a very close call. But I am back in the saddle, sitting a little sore and without any energy yet. But that will come back soon. Looks like I will miss a few more weeks of fishing, and that bothers me but I can live with it.

To everyone that asked for prayer request while I was not posting, I was reading and I prayed for each and everyone of your request.
This has been one big inconvenience, just like my cancer. But like my cancer we kicked it in the butt and it will be just a memory in a few weeks. The doctor said my cancer count is one half of what it was 3 months ago. Remission here we come. (We because it takes all my strength and all your prayers to make it so; including the blessings of God.)

One more thing, while I have been sick, I have gotten some nice e-mail from people that are not Christians. Keep those coming also. To me any Faith is worth having and some of my dearest friends are not Christian. You will never hear me try to change you, I accept other religions. And I collect friends. Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks everyone without you it just would not be the same.

Harold