+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question for Black Hills members ...

Default Question for Black Hills members ...

Obviously NOT a fly fishing question, but one that I've wondered about for quite some time.

In the web cam picture from the Rapid City newspaper shows one corner of downtown Rapid City, there is a furniture store, and in the background is feed elevator. What I want to know is ... which President is standing there ready to cross the street?!? For the longest time I thought it was some hapless citizen waiting for the light to change, but he was there every day!! <head-slapper> RC has all the Presidents scattered through out downtown!! Which one is that?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Obviously, I'm not from Rapid City but maybe this will help.....

http://www.galenfrysinger.com/presid...rapid_city.htm

They are even mapped on this site:

http://67.158.39.227/visitors/index.php?cid=88

Even better, Use google maps for 507 Main St., Rapid City, SD. Rapid City is one of the places that they've got the drive by pictures so you can sit and look at the statues and people walking by...from OOOOOOOOlathe---I mean, neither here nor there....
    Last edited by Brad Williamson; 05-08-2009 at 02:37 PM.

It's NOT a hapless citizen trying to cross the road!! It's Herbert Hoover!!

Thanks Brad!!

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Cool How neat & another question

Because of your question Betty, I went through the links on the Presidents walk - what a neat thing. Someone had a great idea! I'm still learning something every day (I hope) - now I need to know if cucumber plants have special needs. I planted 2 in a nice pot on my back deck - it looks like they are 'damping off' but these were plants about 4 inches high?

OKAY HRH Betty, you have just picked Traci and my next week long trip.
    Besides the fact I have some relatives in the area I need to visit.

Thank you Betty
    Wyo-Blizzard

Bryon,
    Enjoy the walk! Rapid City is wonderful! The people are fantastic! Don't forget to take your fly rods! There may be a fish or two in those hills! Also, there's an 1890's train that runs between Hill City and Keystone that is an absolute hoot!

Deanna,
    I know NOTHING about cucumbers. I tried growing zucchini once ... couldn't kill the stuff beating it with the shovel. Had so much we couldn't even give it all away. Will never, ever plant it aqgian!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    now I need to know if cucumber plants have special needs. I planted 2 in a nice pot on my back deck - it looks like they are 'damping off' but these were plants about 4 inches high?
    LadyFisher,

I see you live in Washington State. Cucumbers will not do well until the temps are consistently in the 70's and above. They thrive in warm and hot weather.

bobbyg
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

This is Traci, using Byron's site. Ladyfisher, we can grow cukes here in Rock Springs--well, I can't but others do. Check the acidity of the soil and ask a master gardener what it should be as well as what nutrients you need. Jiro Okano did this for me years ago, but I am a rancher's daughter--not a farmer. I can kill any plant!
    Wyo-Blizzard

ladyfisher,
    territorial seeds specializes in seeds for the northwest. check out their website. they have lots of info on growing conditions also.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

+ Reply to Thread