I fished graphite only for many years, and enjoyed the experience immensely.

No one guided me to bamboo, I just wanted to give it a try.
I've never looked back.

I now own more bamboo rods than any sane and frugal person would ever contemplate. Admittedly, most of these are of the "blue collar" variety. Heddon, Granger, and South Bend; although these are some of the finest rods I own when it comes to fishability! The Granger and Heddon tapers are some of the very best ever developed, in my opinion. Goodwin Granger was a true genius when it came to developing tapers for fly rods. I do own a few modern makers rods and they are most enjoyable, but different, in a good way.

But back to my question, why do you prefer bamboo?
I have a hard time proffering my reply to that question that I seem to be getting more and more while astream.

I can only say that I like the feel of a hooked trout throbbing down the rods length into my hand. The feel of a rod loading on the backcast. The feel of a rod that seems effortless to cast, if you let the rod do the physical work involved in casting. A rod made of a once living thing, now in an environment of other beautiful and living things, flora and fauna. The beauty inherit in a rod built from Tonkin cane with nickel silver fittings, fine silk windings, Spanish cedar or Circassian walnut reel seat spacers, and a varnished or tung oil finish. A bamboo rod, to me, just seems to belong in the environs where trout reside.

As stated, I'm not very good at expressing my feelings on why I fish bamboo.
That's why I ask this question, why do you fish it?

Kinda rambled on there didn't I?

Bob