+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LL Bean Emerger opinions

Default LL Bean Emerger opinions

I am looking for a jacket that I can wear in the summer and also in the early season.

Anyone here have any opinions on LL Bean's Emerger? How is the durability? How is it during the hot summer? Breathability good? Does it keep the wind out?

How long is it? Is it considered a shorty or a wading jacket? I wear wading pants and I want it to be able to cover my waist.

Thanks for the reviews. -Silver Badger

------------------
    Many go fishing all their lives without
    knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    - Henry David Thoreau

www.silverbadgerflyshop.com

What about Beans Paclite? $149 model?

------------------
    - Henry David Thoreau

A little more than I wanted to spend but thanks JC.

------------------
    - Henry David Thoreau

Bump

Some has to own a few of these.

------------------
    - Henry David Thoreau

I have the LLBean paclite, and like it a lot. I got mine a little baggy (so I can wear a lot of layers underneath), and it covers the top of my pants when wearing it around. The pockets are very large, and fit a big fly box nicely (I use the jacket a lot when fishing for stripers in the surf). It has adjustable cuffs, so closing them tight is nice (I can't remember if it's neoprene, but I've put my hand/arm in the water, and not a lot of water gets in).

It's very light, and I've never felt hot in it during the summer. I usually don't pack it in my vest, so I can't comment on the packability.

My only complaint is the hood doesn't cinch as nicely or as easily as my old rain jacket (Columbia). Not a big thing, but I like the hood to cinch around my ball cap that I usually wear.

Also, can't go wrong with LL Bean's guarentees... if you get the Emerger, and decide it's not for you, I'm sure they'll let you return it, at least return it for credit so you can get the other jacket. I think LL Bean is a great company, and I think have great products. Double thumbs up.

Tim-
    So how do you like the paclite compared to the emerger? Is the paclite lighter? Is it light enough to put in the pouch of your vest like they claim? How are the cuffs? Do they cinch down enough to keep the water out? How is it in the summer? Thanks for the info. -Silver Badger

------------------
    - Henry David Thoreau

Hello,

I own an LL Bean Emerger jacket. It is a waist length rain jacket; it will cover my wading belt. It packs down, but not to teeny pocket size.

I got mine one size larger so I could wear it over my vest if need be. The number and size of the pockets is more than ample to carry the stuff in my vest and leave the vest in the Jeep. This way everything is less constricting.

It does keep me warm and dry, and the waterproof cuffs work really well. The hood fits right. Everything can be cinched up for a squall!

I like it.It wasn't LL Beans' most expensive jacket at the time I bought it, but it wasn't the least expensive either.

And of course, if something isn't right you can return the item to LL Bean, no questons asked.

I also have their gore-tex waders, their mesh vest, flyrods, flyreels, etc. Good products, good prices, excellent customer service. If you get an LL Bean Visa card, you get free FEDEX shipping plus periodic cash coupons.

Cheers,
    Richard
    Plano TX

...i also have the emerger...great product for the price...most of your questions seem to have been answered...i'll just add i wore it a few times this summer over a t-shirt...kept me dry and i was surprisingly comfortable...
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

ditto. a great jacket for the price. love mine.

e

+ Reply to Thread