+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worthy to stand on its own...

Hybrid View

Default Worthy to stand on its own...

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default worthy to stand on its own

joe

thanks for the laugh, you started my day off great!!

grumps

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever lost.The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they still observe to this day.The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as Sinko de Mayo.
    "Since we have Miracle Whip, there is no longer anything to celebrate."
    LOL
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug I agree wholeheartedly Miracle Whip over Mayo and day
    Remember we all live down stream

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    "Since we have Miracle Whip, there is no longer anything to celebrate."
    LOL
    Doug
    Joe,
    I stumbled upon this Quote, in response to your Joke. The person who thought of it, was honored as the "Favorite" response, for this long standing Joke.
    It sure is FUN stirring up trouble! I want to apologize to JC, for any confusion I might have caused him! LOL
    I also think I have taken some heat off of you, since you always get spammed about Spam.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Would that be Spam with mayo? ...or Miracle Whip?

Just stirring the pot...

Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

SPAM needs no Mayo. It truly " stands on it's own". BUT, a Spam , Lettuce and Tomato sandwch w/ Hellman's would NOT be snubbed by me.

Mark
    PS: Joe V.- very sorry for where "we've" taken your post.

Default tomatoes !!!!!

You're talking tomatoes. How about Fried green tomatoes with a blob of HELLMANS mayo on the top. Huh? How about that. Now you're in food heaven.
    Or tuna fish sandwiches with chunks of onion made with real mayo. I fail to understand how anyone in their right mind would put "Miracle Whip" in tuna fish sandwiches. Ya think they put it between two slices of bread to hide the flavor?
    When I was a kid I ate "Miracle Whip". Now that I'm grown only the REAL deal will do.

He, he, he
    Bernie

Joe,
    I LOVE it!

If it's not Best foods it's not mayo, Period end of subject....

+ Reply to Thread