I had such a lousy day yesterday fly fishing out of my pontoon boat at a lake that is supposed to offer up a 50-100 released fish per day, that I'm considering selling everything I can, and buy an aluminum fishing boat with a 25 hp motor. I remember fishing for put-and-take rainbows with leaded line and pop gear, or mono line with a line counting reel, and having very successful days. Yesterday I got skunked. Five of us fished that lake and 3 of us were skunked. To make matters worse, I was about a mile north of the southern launch and a storm came up out of the south with winds of about 30 mph. I fought whitecaps and currents in more than one direction caused by high winds. With about 1/2 mile left to go to the launch, my left oar malfunctioned. All tolled, (including the time it took to repair the oar) I had 1 1/2 to 2 hours of hard rowing just to get back to the launch. Today, my left arm hurts so bad, I doubt the pain will ever go away. Yes, I'm griping and I appreciate your listening. I just needed to vent. BUT, that 14 foot aluminum with a 25 horse Merc sounds better all the time. Warm feet, no waders, lots of storage and speed into a nasty headwind when needed.
Thanks for listening.