Quote Originally Posted by MrFishingToughGuy View Post
Please take this as my opinion and nothing more. Big Hunting is a waste of time considering what's relatively close by. There are natives in VERY good numbers in a stream not far from there (nothing big - you might chance upon a 7" brookie on occasion), or head to western MD. Heck, even SNP. I don't mean to discourage you from exploring, but if you're after native char, you're better of fishing some of the Gunpowder tribs than Big Hunting...maybe an exaggeration but you get my drift. Having spent 9+ years living in Baltimore some time ago, I had plenty of time to find the worthwhile stuff.

Again, just my humble opinion...
I would rather drive up by Frederick than drive around Baltimore. I got very familiar with BHC, and with the amount of free time I have, I'd rather go to BHC. However, if I can get the time and money up, I might hire a guide and try out the Gunpowder. But it's an extra 30 minute drive for me each way (without traffic), and 95 going up to Baltimore, as well as the Baltimore Beltway, are horrible traffic wise.

Jim