Well I am a lady angler and have just gotten back to the fishing, but have been here a while back, had some bad luck with health.
As far as telling I not only will tell you but take you show you, and give you the right fly to catch it with. Fishing is a sport that more people ought to be able to share and if you dont share your knowledge then the new anglers cant learn they loose interest and then usually they dont care what happens to our waters. The more anglers you get turned on to the water the better off you and I are to get help keeping our waters clean and stocked.
Plus I love takiing young anglers out and introducing them to the sport.
I have a 3 year old Grandaughter that I showed how to cast a fly rod when she was 2 and she wants to come back and go fishing with Grandma, thats all she ever talks about. They live in Louisanne, and I live in VA, so it makes it hard to take her when ever i want to go, but I send her pics and they say she always says thats Grandma fishing, and I want to go.
If a 2 year old can get the love for fishing that fast and remember it for a year then I have done my job of introduction.