Unnamed stream (Bugger Gut)
caught my very first trout on an unnamed stream. I traditionally go there on May Opener. The last 2 floods really flattened it out. Lots of the holes don't exist anymore.

Looked at it from the bridge I usually start from. It was a mere trickle of what it use to be. I was a little sad. My dad named the stream.

I remember the huge trout I caught on it at age 5. My dad wading in to a deep hole and trapping the monster in the net and against his chest. That hole was about 6 inches deep. I walked downstream looking for some depth in the water. No luck.

Walking back to the bridge was bittersweet. I was going to move on and try a different stream. Decided to go upstream a little way. It started to get a little deeper. I found a nice drop pocket and landed 3 decent browns. couple were 14ers.

Walk around a bend and there was a beaver dam. I caught 11 trout in this dam. The trout were running in to one another trying to take my presentation. ALL the trout were skinny in that hole. 8 of the 11 trout were 16-17 incher.

Bugger Gut LIVES!