I have a two float tubes, round caddis and fish cat. A Scadden Pontoon boat with standing platform, Also have WS Tarpon 12' and 16' kayaks. I use all of them and would highly recommend all of them for particular situations.

I fish from my kayaks in situatuions that require paddling miles to get where I want to fish. Take away the paddling factor and I'm in the pontoon. Way more comfortable and with the standing platform you can even stretch your legs without going back to the bank.

I just fished the Bow River in Calgary and noticed that all the pontoon boat guys wear flippers so they can maneuver while casting. I'll be taking my fliipers on my next pontoon trip to try that out.

The BAD part about a pontoon is the "assembly required". Takes 15-45 minutes to assemble or diisassemble depending on how far you break it down. I break mine all the way down and put it in the trunk of my car.

One more thing to make sure you consider is the type of access you have to your lake. You can't drag a pontoon boat through woods or brush like you can a kayak.

Regardless of what kind of boat you buy I highly recommend the Stohlquist Kayak PFD. Fits comfortable and goes over the backrest of kayak or pontoon seat. I have the fisherman model that holds tippet, fly boxes, etc. I even wade with it.

Good LUCK