+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request , Just because

Hybrid View

Smile Request , Just because

Just for thought:

Many of you have seen the community group here on FAOL.
    Some have even joined though it is not necessary..

My question is: could some of you post photos of outings related to fishing would be special but, really any gathering , family, work BBq' yes Joe smoker get togethers, ect...
    Father and son/daughters fishing, mothers, family fun, all good stuff, Quilters you bet , Mr. Loteck

Trying to balance out the groups photos with what I know is out there in our communities.. most notably right here at FAOL

Hope this makes sense..

Thanks for reading this..

Take care,

Steve

Community Group

ps: if for some reason you are unable to post a photo give me a PM and I will open the door...
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 04-27-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Default For instance,

Joe Humphreys paying forward, hats off to the this fine gent!

Out of focus, I don't think so,,,

Link < Together "We Will" ♫♪♬ Make the Diffrence ♫♪♬
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 04-27-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Just because, ya gotta have a song in your heart and this photo puts one in mine and I think we should always share :)

Nice link Steve,
    That's a happy song. I could hear Randy Newman in my head as I watched that guy play.
    Thanks,
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Steve, Our FF club is having an outing in a couple weeks for underprivilaged kids. If I'm not in Texas I will get some photos to post. If I am in Texas, I'll get some photos of my kids and grandkids to post. Win Win. Thanks for the cool group. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    Steve, Our FF club is having an outing in a couple weeks for underprivilaged kids. If I'm not in Texas I will get some photos to post. If I am in Texas, I'll get some photos of my kids and grandkids to post. Win Win. Thanks for the cool group. Jim

Very good, win win win you bet!

Blog Entries

Default Hunt of a Lifetime Fishing Trips

A number of years ago Make a (PC) Wish backed out of taking sick kids on fishing trips because of PETA-type pressure. Blood sport and all, you know. Hunt of a Lifetime started taking kids fishing or hunting because of their refusal to "do it for the kids..."

We offered to take them fishing on our boat in Kodiak if any wanted to come. We have had two great trips with families to temper several requests from kids that simply did not get strong enough to make it.

The first was an 8-year old with a brain tumor and extremely poor odds. Zane wanted to catch a halibut... His parents and older brother spent a week on the boat with my son, 9 at the time, my wife and I. Zane caught his halibut and much more. He was tough, resilient, humorous and witty, despite his illness and difficulties. They mounted a fish for him as part of their package with HOAL. Zane decided to have his 57#, 52" lingcod mounted instead of his halibut! He caught it on the last day in fairly rough conditions and it was a dandy!

Zane is on the left, my son Riley is in the middle and Zach, Zane's older brother is on the right.

A few years ago I went to their place in ND and hunted birds with them. Zane was making huge strides and even managed to go on a turkey hunt with his father and I.

Zane and his Dad with the turkeys we shot, my first Merriam's turkey.

My buddy Zane and I
    System admin says I used too many photos... Will chop this up to circumvent "The Man" if I can...
    art

+ Reply to Thread