+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wis DNR Clueless....

Angry Wis DNR Clueless....

Did you hear about the recent manure spill that will wipe out fish in the Kewaunee River and stop the DNR from planting anymore for a while because now it's considered a non-worthy stream(large egg-stripping station in located on this river). Seems the DNR never cared to check the site where they approved a large manure storage facility for a Mega-farm to see if there was any old "drain tile" near it ,that would cause the spill that occurred. In other parts of the lake Michigan watershed(just miles from this spill), cows are freely allowed to graze in streams and discharge their waste directly into creeks that eventually run into Lake Michigan and Cheese Companies are allowed dump effluent with BOD levels 500X above the limits. What a TOTAL JOKE the WDNR has become!!!!
    Last edited by imaxfli; 04-26-2009 at 11:15 PM.

imaxfli

The Wis. DNR has been clueless in a lot of areas for sometime.

imaxfli, other than posting on here, is there anything you can do about it. Anyway to get something started? Groups to get involved?

Default That _ucks!!

Imax,

Sorry to say I heard about that spill too. Too bad the DNR didn't have to sense to check for whatever might cause damage beforehand. So much might have been avoided.

It was discussed on a local board. What a shame people didn't think to check to see for troublespots. And we (well, you in Ws.) pay for them to monitor this stuff.

Sorry to hear this!

Jeremy.

Blog Entries

Default Have many friends in WDNR

they are severely understaffed and there are many limitations on over time.
    They do a good job with what they have to work with. I am a retired cop
    and i have heard this type of thing said about police....where were the police when they
    were needed. Bashing the WDNR does absolutely no good.

There is a chance for anybody to get involved in stream monitoring. The programs are Citizen Based Stream Monitoring and run through the University Extension Program. There Is a level 2 program that is run with the DNR and the Rivers Alliance program that is referred to as SWIMS.
    There are programs throughout the state for anyone that is interested.

We have been involved with these peograms for 5 years and would be happy to share information with anyone.

Feel free to post names and numbers here anytime.

Angry Stream Monitoring????

I told the DNR guy before the fish kill on my Creek that he was NUTS if he thought Cheese Factory discharge wouldn't affect my creek(Krok Cr, Kewaunee Co), THAT SUMMER there was a major fish kill and it was discovered they exceeded their BOD discharge 500 times!!!!...THE PERMIT ALLOWED discharge to be up to 200 degrees F, it enters the Creek TEN FEET downstream from where it is rated a Class 1 stream....I showed 2 DNR personal where grazing cows had caused 4FEET of silt and sand to fill in EVERY "hole" on my property and showed them COW **** AND **** as it floated by while we stood on the bank....DNR= Do Nothing Rangers....and as far as the cops that shot the guy in GB 14 times, with a bar full of people in the background,last year as he flipped open a cell-phone, THEY ARE USELESS COPS and they should NEVER be allowed to serve again..and today they are all on the street!

+ Reply to Thread