+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: paypal workings

Hybrid View

Default paypal workings

I think I have finally figured out how PayPal works, maybe I am the last one to do this. If you have a balance in your PP account and pay someone, everything is free. But if your pp account is linked to a credit card, like mine, the recipient has to pay about 4% for that transaction, plus you can only have 5 of these transactions a year. Which probably makes sense, since PayPal is not going to pay the Credit card charge. What I have not figured out is if you link your PP account to a debit card if there is a charge. Anybody know this?

Paypal has many different types of accounts and many different rules that apply to them. Some accounts can only accept payments from the country you live in, some can't accept payments by credit card, some have huge fees attached to them, some have small per transaction fees. No account that i know of lets the person selling the item charge extra for people paying by Paypal to cover the fees, in any accounts i have experience with it is strictly forbidden and can result in penalties and closure of your account. It is a very convenient way to pay for things but the fees can get bothersome.

If you really take the time to read all of the fine print for all of the different accounts your brain will self destruct from all of the do's, dont's, sometimes can'ts and other good stuff.

Herefishy.
    Linking a Paypal account to your debit card is a Bad Idea. If your account gets scammed ( it happens) and it working off of a credit card, you have the security of the credit card company and it's guarantees working for you. They don't actually have YOUR money, yet. If the PP account is drawing on your checking account or a debit card, they have your money, and it's much more difficult to fight.

If I remember correctly, you can put money in your account, "Load" it, as it where, to draw from.

Kirk

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I have had Pay Pal double-hit my account several times for the same purchase. It takes an act of Congress to get them to fix it.

I wish someone would start another service in competition with them. I don't like their business practices, but right now, they are the only game in town.

They are not the only game in town. Buy and pay with a money order. If the seller only accepts paypal, buy from someone else. Why pay all those extra fees? Jim

I pay by personal check. If you don't accept that, we don't do business.

Mark

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

A per Ebay's new rules, Pay Pal is the ONLY type of payment you are allowed to list as a seller. If you accept money orders, or whatever, you have to do it outside of EBay. I think it stinks, but like I said, Ebay is the only game in town right now. The other small auction sights are dismal, as is Craiglist, by comparisen. The only other good auction site is Gunbrokers.com, and they only have shooting sporting goods.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    They are not the only game in town. Buy and pay with a money order. If the seller only accepts paypal, buy from someone else. Why pay all those extra fees? Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    The seller pays ALL the fee's not the buyer, it cost's you (the buyer) nothing but the selling & shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
    I have had Pay Pal double-hit my account several times for the same purchase. It takes an act of Congress to get them to fix it.

I wish someone would start another service in competition with them. I don't like their business practices, but right now, they are the only game in town.
    That is what I am talking about, is a direct-pay alternative. I read about something called "gearpay" and it sounded very interesting, but evidently nobody has used it. I didn't even know that paypal charged a fee for private transactions till lately, and I am going to be sure that my account is loaded so the people I pay won't have to pay fees.

Hey if someone won't take a money order see ya!!!!!!!!!! The Ebay rule of nothing but PayPal is BS, they just want the extra take from PP fees plus the fees they get from items being sold. Totally rigged!!!!!!!

Fatman

+ Reply to Thread