Some times life happens. I haven't been down to the local fishing hole in about a year. In that time I haven't wet a line once and I'm a fishing fanatic. In the last year I had some kind of skin thing that kept me out of the sun. The Mississippi flooded, again. Lost my job of nineteen years. Found a new job in an unrelated industry. Sued by creditors. Filed for bankruptcy. Filed to terminate child support payments. Went through rounds of colds and flu with my wife and four year old. Don't get me wrong I'm not having a pitty party and lots of great thing have happened as well, it's just that I couldn't get in the fishing mood. I knew that if I went it would just be a waste of time. BUT!!!! I got my ming right boss!

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up at 5:30 and heading to the lake. All this week my mind has been filled with thoughts of fish, rods, flys, tactics, water temps and it has been wonderful. I'm taking my 8' 4wt and tying on a yellow #10 Yellow Gurgle-Pop and a Mylar Minnow dropper and if that doesn't work I'll try something else! The water is 60 degrees. The LMB should be spawning. The crappie are hungry. It was 89 degrees here today with a southwest wind blowing. I don't care if I catch anything but that would be great too.

Greg