+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another smoker junkie

Default Another smoker junkie

Well, after vacillating for months about which smoker to buy to see if I wanted to get into smoking my din-din, I bought the Brinkman Gourmet Electric smoker for a paltry $69.97 + tx.

It took about 40 minutes to assemble, and I put it through a 2 hour "seasoning" burn. I then filled the water pan with water and put on a 3# pork butt that I deboned, tied and put a rub on and had in the fridge for about 5 hours. Six hours later it was at 170F and ready to eat.

I let it rest for about 1/2 hour then took a few slices just to taste it...

I could not believe how juicy the meat was, and the flavor from he rub and the hickory smoke was excellent.

I think I'm hooked!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Thumbs up

Joe,
    Nice pics & you are indeed hooked. Get down here to fish & I'll give you a couple/few BBQ books......I'll also share my brisket & sauce recipes.
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Smokers rule!

Joe,

I've got the exact, same Smoker and use it all the time. In fact, this is my third smoker over a lot of years. Wait until you smoke a small turkey or a couple of chickens. You won't believe how good they are. Have fun with your new toy! 8T

Hey,

Pork butt

Your killing me with all this food stuff, my cookie jar remains full
    because of you and now this....

Good stuff...

Have a smoky and wonderful weekend.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

pork butt looks great but i think when you post food that looks that good you should send samlpes to all who read your thread. yum yum

robin

Nice looking smoker! I have a different model Brinkman and love it. The first few years I tried smoking everything including: cheese,nuts,habaneros,olives,eggs,cornish hens,bluegills,bacon,mushrooms and on and on and on. Point being it open a whole new world of culinary delights. Meats come out tender and juicy, different woods give different flavors. Slow cooking in gerenral gives benefits to mostly everything! Whew....I better let it go at that, it's time to soak some wood!!!!

P.S. Try smoking some peeled hard boiled eggs!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mashtom View Post
    Nice looking smoker! I have a different model Brinkman and love it. The first few years I tried smoking everything including: cheese,nuts,habaneros,olives,eggs,cornish hens,bluegills,bacon,mushrooms and on and on and on. Point being it open a whole new world of culinary delights. Meats come out tender and juicy, different woods give different flavors. Slow cooking in gerenral gives benefits to mostly everything! Whew....I better let it go at that, it's time to soak some wood!!!!

P.S. Try smoking some peeled hard boiled eggs!!!!
    This is what I was afraid of....
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Your killing me...my smoker is about 4 hours from here...8 hour round trip and wouldn't fit in the car last trip out.

Ughh...I want it.

Can't wait to try some Pastrami in it....the royalty of all meats.
    Last edited by brhoff; 04-25-2009 at 05:51 PM.

I love smokers. I had a Brinkman charcoal smoker for years. It's still on the carport but does not get used. I now use a Web Smokey Mountain Smoker. It's great, in fact there are 12 racks of ribs on it now, as I type!
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

Cornish game hens in a hot smoker (140F) after a soaking are referred to around here as "Those Little Birds Good Enough to Roll In."

+ Reply to Thread