Hey guys, you amaze me, I thought everybody fished with guides occasionally. I started a couple of years ago at a group fishing weekend at a private lakes setup, and just learned so much, it was great. Since then I try to go with a guide every now and then, as well as my own trips and trips with mates of course. Fishing with a guide brings a whole new dimension into it, and without blabbering on too much I just have to say that while I am no complete novice, I have learned so much from guides on various waters I can say that not one single experience was a waste of the money, and I am not rich by any means.

I have introduced a couple of buddies to guided fishing too and they like it as well, but I did tell one guy that the guide would want to carry him around on his back so not to bother to take waders.

Anyhow I have booked a week of guided fishing in NZ for next year, and can't wait to go. That's another aspect of fishing with a guide, you don't waste a single minute being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it's all quality fishing.

Also I get to talk to 'famous' fisherpeople for hours that normally wouldn't even stop walking when I say hello. (Only joking!)

Give one a try.

[This message has been edited by Gringo (edited 05 December 2005).]