+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wader advise

Hybrid View

Default wader advise

I am looking to buya pair of Orvis tailwater or pro guide waders. I was very happy with my last pair of proguides and I like the idea of having Orvis locally if I needed their help. They are very expensive so I thought if anyone has opinions on the latest model of pro guide or the tailwaters let me know or if you have any opinions of what you feel are better products in the same price range. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Jeff

Talking

Birddog
    I say buy what make you happy, if you like the pro guide ovis get them. No point in changing now, if you get something else even if some one else gives them glowing review there not what you learned to love. I compara it to like kissing a cousin even thou there hot thier still a cousin.
    Ghost

I'm sure they're great waders. In terms of saving money I think another option might be a pair of Cabela's. I love mine.

Randy

I own Hodgman Guidelites, and, for the money, I'll take them over most of what's out there. Hodgman has a great guaranty and they have honored it without question through my local Sportsman's Warehouse. Not that I have had many warranty problems, but it's good to know its there. I get between 50 and 100 days on the water and put those waders to the test. I'm not knocking Orvis, as they make quality products, I just have a hard time spending that kind of money. Some say you get what you pay for, but sometimes you're paying for the name when there are comparable products out there for much less money.
    Just my two-cents. Good luck in your quest.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread