My "stash" of rods includes a 2wt, 3wt, 5wt, 6wt, 8wt, & a vintage 'boo that fishes like a 4wt, even though the line designation on the rod is E (5wt) or HDH (6wt).
I had in mind to buy a "backup" 5wt at some point, but things have a away of just working out. Here's the story...
A few years ago, my good friends, Scott & Bud Hanselman, closed their wonderful little flyshop, "Books 'N Hooks", in Girard, Ohio. I got some very good deals & one was a TFO 5wt Lefty Kreh Signature 9' 2pc 5wt I got for a friend who thought he may want to take up fly fishing...only cost $40.00 to $45.00 (which friend Rich paid) & I had a click/pawl Martin reel I gave him for it. Well, the other day at work, he shows up with the totally untouched rod AND the Martin reel & gave it to me, saying he's sure I would use it a lot more than he ever would. That Martin reel will go on 4 year old Granddaughter Tori's "Uncle Jack Hise 'boo" & I'll put a USA made Medalist (that Anglerdave sent me) on the TFO. I hope to get out & play with it this Saturday.
Mike