Hi,

Sorry that I can't provide a picture. I'm again without tying gear for a bit. But, I was reading a fellow's on-line fishing journal and he showed a photo of a fly he found in the bushes.

It looked really interesting, and I thought I would post the dressing to see if anyone recognises the pattern.

It was a bucktail streamer pattern, but he doesn't list the size of the hook. It's a Nova Scotia fishing journal, so probably targeting brookies, or small browns and rainbows. Maybe size 10 long shanked hook?

Anyway, I couldn't make out a tail. The body was just flat silver tinsel. The wing was lower half white bucktail, upper half orange bucktail. On top of the upper two thirds of the orange section was laid a grizzle hackle (so, it was a mix of a bucktail and feather wing streamer). Throat hackle was orange. The head appeared painted white, with a red eye dot.

The orange showing through the grizzle looked pretty good.

Unfortunately, who ever had lost this fly in the bushes had also tied a dried out worm on the hook (the river is a "no live bait" fishery and perhaps they thought a "dead worm" would be ok?).

Anyway, if this sounds like a familear pattern to anyone, I would be interested in knowing what it's called.

- Jeff