+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pflueger fly reel ?

Hybrid View

Default Pflueger fly reel ?

How much would an vintage old Pflueger medalist fly reel cost? I'm trying to get one and would like to know a reasonable price. Are they generally a good reel? They sure wuld look nice on an old bambopo rod. Thank You for reading.

Check here;
    http://www.classicflyfisherman.com/MISC%20REELS.htm
    I understand this fellow is very reputable. It will at least give you some ideas.

Check here too;
    A bunch of folks that really like the "Old Timey" stuff.
    http://www.fiberglassflyrodders.yuku.com/directory

You can always buy a new one from Cabela's for around $25 then wait to find an older one. The new ones work great, they just don't have the old time patina.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Ebay is a good place to start to see what they are going for...there is a lot of variability depending on the size, age, and condition...and luck...if it comes with a box and or papers they command more.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 04-21-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Default New Medalists

We sell a zillion of these every year. I have one for my bamboo rod and think they're great. And the sound of the click is perfect!!

I don't know if the old ones are worth much or not - but they should last forever. Be careful about one thing: the 1492 and the 1492 1/2 are right had retrieve only. The other reels in the series can be reversed.

Ron - H&H

Hey, Ron, can you specifically answer my questions on the thread on the conversion of 92's?

Ron, What reel can hold a 6 wt. line and backing? Do you sell xtra spools? how much do they cost? Thank You I will try ordering from you r web soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Ebay is a good place to start to see what they are going for...there is a lot of variability depending on the size, age, and condition...and luck...if it comes with a box and or papers they command more.
    Very true...anywhere from $25 to over $200 these days. I remember back a few years ago, a mint never used 1494 in the older maroon box from the early 30's went for $800+

I got lucky recently and won an old "new" 1495 in the box for just over $50 could have easily gone for more. It had the date of inspection stamped on the box...1948. It's been waiting 60 years to be fished and it finally will.

To convert the 1494's and up that were manufactured prior to 1959-60 to left hand wind, you will need a reversible drag plate from One Pfoot.

Regards,
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread