Ok so in Australia its coming upto winter soon and im wanting to tidy up my vests. Even though Aussie winters are mild compared to the rest of the world, i still like the break to tidy, stock up my flies and catch up on some literature.

Im after other suggestions on how to set up my vests and boxes. I have 2 vests 1 for streams and other for still waters. I really hate organizing my vests as i tend to "Overload" them and they get heavy.

I want to be able to limit the types of flies i use,so i can catalog them with an excel spreadsheet. I have a favorite dozen or so flies that i use the most and could probably get away with using 1 box for most of my fishing needs but thats not the way i like it, i like to be prepared for any situation.

I want to be able to limit say 15-20 patterns per box with 20+ flies per pattern/color ie; nymph box will only have, hares ears,pheasant tails, black,brown, olives, claret,007s,squirrel nymph.

All i need now is the top 15-20 flies in streamers, mayflies(emergers,duns,spinners), nymphs,midge(all life cycle),caddis/sedges(all life cycles), terrestrials, stoneflies, attractors, wets, english/loch style flies, parachutes and traditional dries.

Any input is appreciated.