+ Reply to Thread

Thread: has anyone????

Hybrid View

Default has anyone????

i got something in snailmail recently a flyer called realrod ...they are outta texas ..has anyone ever heard of them ...fished with thier rods ? anything???
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

I haven't ever heard of them. Is this the same place you're talking about?

http://www.realrods.net/
    Tim

Interesting. If tlerm's link is what your talking about, it looks as if they just take a piece of bamboo and put guides and a reel seat on it. It also looks as if the bamboo source is in their own "backyard" not the good Chinese cane.

I've seen one person that has done that same thing and he likes the rod. I have cut a couple of pieces myself from the backyard with the thought to do the same thing, just for the heck of it. They never seem to dry as straight as when they were live but I guess I could have straightened them out with some heat. Just never got around to it. I might just have to start looking for that "perfect' piece again.

It looks like the ultimate cane pole. I'm a little skeptical but these guys are in my area so maybe I'll check them out.

i have looked at, held & casted 1 of these rods meself at canton, texas where a vender was selling or had some fer sale at 150$ for a 7ft rod... my opinion ?...

(1) i didnt like the look of the rod as its not built in the traditional method...

(2) the thing didnt cast worth a crap...

(3) guides are of low quality...

the reel seat was ok but other than that, i wouldnt buy one... its just a souped up high $ cane pole...
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

thanks to one and all ....does make since to waste all that money in advertising now does it ....i can buy cane poles all day long ,,,,for 20.00 a pop ,,,,,,
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

+ Reply to Thread