Several FAOLers were present this past weekend for the Nabours and Friends (yes the spelling is correct and another story) fund raiser for Project Healing Waters up on the Caney Fork River at the Long Branch Campgrounds. A lot of photos were taken, the food was awsome, Warren was a big hit tying flys and I had a ball demonstrating furled leader making. Doublewide was somewhere back in the kitchen helping with the evening meal.

Weather wise it was not a great weekend. Tornados did considerable damage in Murfreesboro and several of the Vets were unable to attend.

One Vet, who had served in Vietnam with Leo and Mike (ohiotuber) did make it through the rain storms to attend. Now Billy, Leo and Mike served in the 1968 era but I had been there in 1963 so I was sort of blamed for starting the whole thing but after a couple of more beers I was forgiven.

There was some awsome entertainment Friday evening (remember Nashville is the "Music Capitol!!") after dinner of burger and brats. It was cold, wet and windy but the pavilion offered enough protection that many stayed 'til late.

Saturday's auction brought in several thousand dollars for Project Healing Waters. It was ironic and very fitting that the man that won Leo's "Purple Heart" bamboo rod with a bid of $850.00 also won the NewCanoe Door prize!

Now during the Saturday afternoon activities this little scrawney sort of beatup looking old guy in cowboy boots and a totaly used up straw hat picked up the "Purple Heart Rod" and began to throw some of the prettiest casts I've ever seen! Well this ol' beat up cowboy was Sam Tate a well know song writer and entertainer!

Sam told us the story of how he became involved with Project Healing Waters and is now the Nashville spokesman for them. The reason? Well just listen to this song. It sort of tells it all.

http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/...eos/video.html