+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quotes needed

Default quotes needed

Hey everyone.

I need some good quotes on how fishing line has changed over the years. The quote can be as general or specific as you want. its for a school essay project so i need some good ones within the week. It can be about change over any time period from silk lines to todays.

thanks to everyone that replies.

Hey Joe,
    Don't know if you want our own quotes, or maybe published quotes. If you want ours, here's mine....
    "Level flyline discouraged me. Thirty years later, weight forward line brought me back & encouraged me."
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Joe, get some from a real expert - visit the Cane Chat on Thursday Night with Ron Kusse, he is still living it!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

quotes can be either from you guys or published, doesnt matter. Ill try to check the chat tomorrow, what time does it start? (eastern time)

Here's my quote: "Though fly-fishermen claim to be in favor of the environment, the trend in the industry has been towards flourocarbon leader and tippet material, which is not biodegradable. Flourocarbon material, once lost on the bank of a river or lake, can ensnare birds and other wildlife. This is one of the many twisted ironies amongst the fly-fishing community."

I will try to answer some of your questions. I started in the retale sale of flyfishing tackle in the very early 60's and at that time both SA. and cortland made DT & WF lines. We also sold silk lines by Michele. And if you fished back then there was nothing like fishing cane and silk. The tapers have not changed much but the finishes have. lines today float higher and cast easier than the early plastic coated line. silk lines needed dressed before fishing, Dried and redressed at noon while you ate your lunch and prayed to the fish gods. And by 4 you had what we now call an intermedate sinking line. The first floating line i ever fished that realy floated was a SA. Aircel. (still a good line) cortlands 333 was out about the same time. then came the SA. supreme and cortland 444 both still out there. since then the finishes have improved so they cast easier and float higher, but not many real changes since the first plastic lines came out the line company's have messed with tapers but not a lot. They made short lines (57ft.) and long line 105 or longer but they still base line and rod match at 30 ft. for most and up to 50 for long tapers and as short as 20 for salt water and bass buggs. If you would like more infoe call Jim and Deanna and get my # i would be happy to help you in any way I can.

Rich

great quotes guys. thanks a lot. i could still use a few more, but hopefully i can make it to the chat tomorrow and get what i need. thanks again.

This'll get a rise (pun intended)

How about:

Fishing kills. Fly fishing kills with class.

Allan

9. Default

I don't have any quotes, but it's good to see you back.
    How'd your summer salt trip work out?

Warmouth

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round.

+ Reply to Thread