A few years ago a member here posted a bamboo rod for sale on the BB. He stated that he was going thru a rough time and didnt want to sell the rod but he needed to pay rent. I contacted him and let him know I would pay the asking price for the rod with the stipulation that he had one year to buy it back at the same price. A deal was made.

The rod was beautifull. I cast it a few times, would bring it out to let other folks try it when we were playing with boo. But, I could never fish it. It didnt feel right to fish with a rod that belonged to someone else, heck, it even had his name on it.

Time went by, a year passed and I didnt hear from the owner, finally after 18 months I contacted him. I got his address and sent the rod back to him. He let me know he didnt have the money to repay me at that time, but I knew that the rod needed to be back in his hands.

I forgot all about it, I had helped a fellow flyfisherman out in a time of their need and went on with life.

Over a year had passed since I sent the rod back. I was on a fishing trip when I got a message from the owner. He need to confirm my address. I thought nothing of it. I arrived back home to find a letter from him, a very nice thank you note and a money order.

Tim, thank you very much. You fit the description of an honest man. I hope you catch many fish with your rod and enjoy it for a lifetime.

Z