Here are a few pictures.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

OOOOOH Rick,
    What fun abounds!
    ....lee s.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default A thing of absolute beauty!

I know that each cast will bring you heart-warming pleasure. Be extra careful with those occasional, stray carp you pick up every once in a while. 8T

Rick--
    If yours is anything like mine, you're going to fall in love with panfish all over again.

I haven't gotten into carp yet, but I haven't had any trouble landing the occasional drum I've encountered.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Thumbs up Christening

Rick -

That rod looks familiar.

Think I saw it as part of an article recently - something about catching a 22-23" bass on your first ever cast with a bamboo rod ??!!

Nicely done.

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

It's a sad day when someone goes over to the darkness of bamboo

I know what you mean about the appeal Rick. I have two bamboo rods that I love dearly.

Looking forward to more from you on this new angling tool.

best

Rick
    I got my bamboo rod about seven years ago. Didn't know what I was doing at the time and got a 9' 3/2. Turns out it was a medium high quality rod not that it made any difference to me because I just liked the look of it. Anyway I love the thing but I wish that it wasn't so darn heavy so I could fish it longer. For me it easier to cast a prettier loop with the boo rod than with any of my graphite or fiberglass rods. They are such forgiving instruments. I can cast lines from 5 to 7 and not really notice a difference in the way the rod performs. I think my next boo rod will be a custom job that is a little shorter and lighter for the little fishies I usually catch. Way to go Rick!
    Greg

Thumbs up

I like my cane rod ALOT...

I believe you'll like your 'boo stick very much. H&I's are getting quite a bit of attention lately and even tho considered "blue collar" rods are really quite good. I have a Cascade, I believe it is, and I like it very much.

I got into bamboo rods about 5 years ago and they're all I fish now. I have 4 in varying weights and lengths and they cover all the fishing I do or am likely to do. Be forewarned, one is never enough. As you've entered the "dark side" of fly fishing may I suggest you try a silk line, if you haven't already. Don't believe all the stories you hear about how maintenance intensive they are. No more to taking care of silk than really taking care of plastic and they last and last and last and last....to say nothing of their presentation qualities.

Vic

+ Reply to Thread